Senior Cache Administrator
Department Description: Position is located at 1135 Tremont St.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 36374BR
Job Summary: This is a senior position responsible for implementation and support of production, development, fail-over and disaster recovery environments for enterprise-level computer applications specializing in InterSystems Corporation's Cache.
- Cache Management: Install new Cache environments; provide DBA support for development, test and production databases; analyze and manage Cache upgrades and patches; keep current with latest changes relevant both to environment management and application development.
- Cache Applications: Provide programmer/analyst support for information systems integration; work closely with clinical development and electronic data interchange management.
- Systems Management: Support for operating systems that host Cache environments. Act as secondary and tertiary support for UNIX and LINUX systems management personnel. Assist with making hardware and operating system decisions. Provide mentoring for less experienced personnel.
- Customer/Vendor Interaction: Frequent interaction and collaboration is required among management and personnel from the systems support, clinical development, and electronic data interchange teams. Support engagements with InterSystems Corporation for resolving issues and road-mapping futures with their Cache products.
- Performance Monitoring: Maintain performance measurement utilities, which support analysis of real time workload, response time, and availability, as well as historic data for trend analysis and capacity management.
- Associate's degree required in Computer Science. Bachelor's degree preferred in Computer Science
- 5-8 years related work experience required.
- Operating Systems use to support enterprise Cache systems
- Advanced trouble-shooting, application and database operations and interfaces with disparate information systems
- A demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Network configuration, performance monitoring, load balancing and application and systems optimization
- Written Communications:Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications:Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge:Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work:Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service:Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement