Department Description: This opportunity is a 20 hour, benefit eligible, Scribe position working with physicians in the Rheumatology Outpatient Clinical.
We are able to work with candidates seeking remote work, however, are only able to work with local candidates.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 35775BR
Job Summary: Performs a wide variety of clinical and administrative activities during patient visits in an outpatient clinical setting. Involves extensive interaction with diverse populations including patients, medical staff practitioners and medical center personnel. Assists provider with documentation and coding as well as patient throughput.
- Accompanies Physician into the patient examination room in order to transcribe a history and physical exam, and document accurately the Physician's encounter with the patient and others present.
- Lists all proper diagnoses and symptoms, as well as follow up instructions and prescriptions as dictated by the Physician.
- Uses the electronic medical record system (OMR) to queue prescription renewals for review by a licensed provider. As directed by a clinician, enters/scribes orders for tests, services or appointments in OMR. Transcribes patient orders including laboratory tests, radiology tests, medications, etc.
- Documents any procedures performed by the Physician.
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Experience with Medical Terminology. Recognition of physical exam process and ability to record exam details.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.