Revenue Cycle Operations Systems Analyst
Department Description: We are conveniently located at 1135 Tremont St. Our offices are tucked in neatly next to the college campus of Northeastern University. Within walking distance are Symphony Hall, the Huntington Theater, the New England Conservatory of Music, and the Museum of Fine Arts. If it’s a nice day, we are just a home run trot away from Fenway Park.
For easy access to the rest of city and the suburbs, both the Commuter Rail and the Orange line are located right next door.
Our department offers flexible hours, casual dress and the panache of working for a world class medical institution.
We take pride in supporting the patient first mission of Beth Israel Deaconess by managing the revenue cycle and offer an incentive program to all employees to encourage the best financial results possible.
Our department offers diverse professional opportunities by interacting and supporting clinical area operations, by implementing cutting edge systems and by our commitment to a work/life approach to business.
Come work and grow with the Revenue Cycle Department of Beth Israel Deacones
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 28053BR
Job Summary: The Systems Analyst is responsible to monitor the functioning and integration of numerous front end and back end systems that maintain the overall revenue flow at BIDMC. Essential to this position is the responsibility to work with various hospital constituencies who identify issues with their systems, log them, analyze each and work with IT to derive resolutions and communicate them back to properly close all cases in a timely fashion.
- Acts as a liaison for Revenue Cycle Operations to the various systems programmers to provide facilitation and two way communication as well as translation of both the issue impact and resolutions. Works with programming areas to specify necessary code changes in multiple systems, to test and approve code changes for implementation in production and to confirm efficacy of changes in production.
- Keeps Change Control logs for all systems and databases as well as the status reporting of open and closed issues/cases. Maintains and updates systems tables and databases critical for the functions, data output and remittance posting for the billing system including appropriate patient registration insurance codes used in multiple systems.
- Identifies and proposes resolution for systems issues or changes that impede timely and accurate billing of services and timely payment for those services.
- Provides functional information to the training areas to expedite updating of end user procedures in anticipation of code changes. Develops monitoring reports to track impact of changes and to confirm resolution in production.
- Tests and troubleshoots system problems identified by various departments and hospital staff. Determines course of action for resolution, e.g. forward to IT, system programmers, operational management, and communicates resolutions and time frame back to departments and staff.
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- 3-5 years systems related experience.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.