Radiology Reporting Coordinator - Call Center
Department Description: HOURS: 40 hours (Mon-Fri 8:30-5pm) The Radiology Call Center is conveniently located near the Ruggles Train Station in our Ren. Building, Tremont Street, Boston.
The Department of Radiology provides care and services to patients across the lifespan continuum. These patients receive a wide range of highly technical imaging from several modalities, inpatients and outpatients imaging in Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound, MRI, CAT Scan, Breast Imaging, Interventional/Angiography, Vascular Lab and General Diagnostic
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 31494BR
Job Summary: Reporting to the Radiology Support Manager and the Radiology Associate Director of Quality and Safety, receives, transcribes, and communicates critical radiology results to ordering physicians. Documents, tracks and trends all communication around results reporting.
- Following Departmental policy and procedure, enters and views critical results on the Departmental dashboard or via E-mail or phone communication.
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate's degree preferred.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Demonstrates the ability and maturity required to communicate effectively with physicians and other providers both within and outside of the Radiology Department.
- Prior telephone and face to face customer service experience.
- Medical terminology knowledge preferred.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally