Radiologic Technologist II
Department Description: Rotating schedule:
Week#1: Tues 8-4:30p. Wed 8-4:30p, Thu 8-4:30p, Fri 8-4:30p, Sat 8-4p
Week#2: Sun 8-4p, Tues 8-4:30p. Wed 8-4:30p, Thu 8-4:30p, Fri 8-4:30p
$5,000 (Full Time) Sign on Bonus Eligible! (Current BILH candidates- restrictions apply).
• Sign on bonuses are paid out in two payments. You will receive your first payment (half of the total amount) within the first 30 days of employment and is subject to applicable taxes. You will receive the second payment (remaining balance) at six (6) months following your start date and is subject to applicable taxes.
• Full time status at BIDMC is considered for schedules greater than or equal to 30 hours per week; part time status is 20 to 29 hours per week. Please note, per diem employees are not eligible for sign on bonuses.
• Current and Former BILH candidates - restrictions apply. BIDMC Internal employees or employees within the BILH system are not eligible for the bonus or if you have been employed by a BILH entity within the last 12 months.
• Please note, sign on bonuses are subject to change based on the organization’s hiring needs and will be determined by Talent Acquisition on an ongoing basis. BILH/BIDMC Talent Acquisition reserves the right to change sign on bonus eligible jobs and amounts at any time.
Our globally diverse team of approximately 80 diagnostic imaging techs includes colleagues from nearly every continent. Our techs have the opportunity to rotate and work in a variety of patient areas and be part of fast-paced, interesting cases. We also proudly promote work-life balance and offer flexible scheduling options.
As part of this opportunity, you will play an integral role in supporting our world-class teaching hospital and Level I Trauma Center. Our department of 600+ employees is guided by a common mission—Together Taking Care of People—to compassionately serve our patients, their loved ones, and each other.
U.S. News and World Report recently ranked our affiliate Harvard University the #1 radiology school in the world and, as the Official Hospital of the Boston Red Sox, BIDMC offers discounted tickets to employees (subject to availability).
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 44934BR
Job Summary: Performs a wide range of radiology exams and procedures. This position meets the scope of practice as defined by the ASRT practice standard guidelines.
- Prepares and positions patients for diagnostic exams of various parts of the body which includes setting up equipment and patient in relation to each other to provide best demonstration of body part under study. Enters instructions into computers,monitors and evaluates images for accuracy and completeness of order. Makes necessary adjustments when judged to be necessary.
- Evaluates radiographs for image quality and completeness.
- Responds to patient's physical and psychological needs. Explains all procedures in a clear and concise manner without causing unnecessary anxiety. Uses Proper Hand Hygiene before and after patient contact. Observes patient's condition and reports any change to nurse or physician.
- Vocational or Technical training in Medical Radiography required. Associate's degree in Medical Radiography preferred.
- License MARadTech-Radiography required., and Registration American Registry of Rad Tech required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- New hires required to have MA Rad Tech license by start date.
- New hires will have 30 days to provide BLS certification. Certification has to be with the American Heart Association (AHA).
- New graduates may have Temp MA Rad Tech License and ARRT eligible 1 year from graduation.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force frequently. Work is physically demanding and requires extended periods of standing and/or moving.
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.