.NET Application Developer
Department Description: The Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine provides leading-edge anesthesia services in operating rooms, intensive care units, labor and delivery, and non-operating room procedural areas (including gastrointestinal endoscopy, and electrophysiology). Our Physicians and CRNAs work in academic and community Hospitals and other specialized locations.
The incumbent will work on a variety of programming projects to support, maintain and enhance departmental web-based applications. The Programmer is responsible for developing, debugging and testing new and existing code as a member of the application development team.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 32528BR
Job Summary: The IS Programmer I works on a variety of projects and assignments to support, maintain, and improve enterprise applications. The individual is responsible for developing, testing and debugging new functionality, enhancements, bug fixes, customizations, interfaces, batch processes, and reports.
Department Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Designs, builds, and maintains efficient, reusable, and reliable code using the .NET framework for the support and enhancement of departmental web-based applications.
- Identifies bottlenecks and bugs in existing application code, and devises solutions.
- Assists in maintaining code quality, organization, and automation.
- Provides quality customer service and support for departmental applications and reports.
- Functions both as an individual contributor and team player within Anesthesia IS project team.
- Provides ongoing project status updates and feedback to manager/project lead. Takes ownership of assigned project tasks.
- Collaborate with IS and other medical center staff throughout most phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), including analysis, solution design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance
- Assist in the creation of technical project documentation including detailed technical design specifications
- Develop, unit test, document, and deliver high quality solutions in response to complex business requirements
- Participate in code reviews to ensure effectiveness, performance, maintainability, and compliance with standards
- Investigate, trace, and debug system issues; identify root causes and make required software changes to resolve problems
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Proficient in web development using .NET, HTML, CSS.
- Experience using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Experience with Web Services and APIs.
- Good understanding of fundamental design principles behind developing a scalable application
- Experience working in a healthcare environment.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally.