Program Coordinator - Cardiology
Department Description: The Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Cardiovascular Medicine Division is committed to providing high-quality care to our patients, promoting the educational mission of academic medicine and advancing state-of-the-art research in cardiovascular medicine.
The Division, which is an integral part of BIDMC’s Cardio Vascular Institute, includes some of the most highly-regarded cardiovascular experts in the world, and it is their exemplary patient care, teaching and research combined with the support of dedicated clinical and administrative that make possible the Division's many accomplishments.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 38096BR
Job Summary: Coordinates and oversees administrative operations within assigned program/department areas.
- Implements and coordinates administrative procedures, processes, services and systems for the assigned program/department. Trains other staff in proper methods and procedures to ensure the accuracy and quality of work.
- Provides administrative support to staff/patients in assigned program/department areas. Schedules and prepares materials for appointments, meetings and special events. Coordinates program correspondence, calendars, projects and travel arrangements as needed. Ensures that staff are informed and supplies and equipment are available.
- Develops, maintains and oversees program databases. Compiles data; prepares, summarizes and distributes regular and ad hoc reports. Coordinates, tracks and monitors program expenses, invoices and billing with appropriate cost centers and budget.
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of the program administration. Collaborates with program leadership and members to identify other program/department needs. Recommends and implements modifications to improve effectiveness.
- Coordinates and oversees preparation for compliance with BIDMC policies and procedures as well as other external regulatory agencies. Maintains accurate records for compliance. Participates in quality improvement projects.
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate's degree preferred.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally