Department Description: Emergency Medicine
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 43151BR
Job Summary: Oversees and facilitates the daily operations of an outpatient clinical practice with the commitment of providing excellent customer service to patients, families and visitors. Plans and organizes the work of support staff, coordinates and prioritizes work flow, implements appropriate systems and procedures to maintain service standards and acts as a resource to clinicians and staff.
Department Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Acts as purchasing department for center in the processing, procurement and receiving of all ordered supplies and equipment. Works with courier service to ensure safe and seamless transfer of products and specimens to the correct destination. Ensures all mail is delivered and addressed in timely manner.
- Tracks and processes all invoices related to the operations of the practice in a timely manner. Prepares and analyzes reports related to patient volume and practice financials.
- Support practices compliance with DPH certification and other practice compliance requirements including staff education and documentation.
- Ensures infection control protocols/policies and guidelines are adhered to by all staff. Ensures clinical equipment cleaning and maintenance protocols are adhered to. Works with cleaning vendors to ensure to ensure infection control standards are met.
- Manages on site security system and building related vendor relationships to ensure the safety of patients and staff. Arranges maintenance and repairs of equipment, communication systems and physical plant.
- Plans and oversees work assignments and schedules for front desk and clinical support areas to meet daily operational needs. Monitors procedures to ensure efficient processing of work including time of service, referral management, pre-registration and visit ticket entry.
- Monitors provider's schedules to ensure that staff maximizes opportunities for efficient patient scheduling and timely patient flow.
- Oversees referral management and billing processes and may provide staff education. Act as a resource for clinicians and staff. Provides regular revenue cycle and volume reports to Manager/Director.
- Implements and oversees quality assurance processes and systems in collaboration with the Manager/Director.
- Provides ongoing feedback to Manager regarding training needs, staff performance and process improvement . May provide feedback to Manager in the performance review process for staff.
- Continuously monitors the unit's physical environment. Identifies problems and coordinates activities with support departments to maintain the cleanliness and safety of the practice.
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Experience in a clinical/healthcare setting.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement