Department Description: Full-Time (with benefits) opportunity to join Radiation therapy department in Boston, MA.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 31171BR
Job Summary: Provides high quality, state of the art patient care. Maintains and supports the present clinical programs and researches and delivers new and cutting edge technology to the department.
- Assists in routine LINAC calibrations and performing routine clinical physics measurements (photon and electron).
- Responds to emergency request for machine measurements.
- Assists in the ongoing quality assurance program. Assists the Chief of Dosimetry and Biophysics in all aspects conforming to state regulations.
- Supports clinical physics activities (Treatment planning)
- Assists in departmental research activities.
- Master's degree required in Physics or related science.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus