Pharmacy 340B Coordinator
Department Description: Pharmacy business operations
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 36453BR
Job Summary: This position will collaborate with Contract Pharmacy, Third Party Administrators, Drug Wholesalers, Accounting, and IT departments on issues related to the 340B program. Reconcile 340B invoices for contracted pharmacies to ensure payments are properly allocated to corresponding cost centers. Assure that weekly audits and purchase checks are reviewed and completed in accordance with the 340B Policies of the Pharmacy Department, reporting issues as appropriate. You must have the ability to navigate through EMR (electronic medical record) and various third party portal systems.
- Operational oversight of assigned 340B Contract Pharmacy programs (various companies and number of locations).
- Oversee and administer the AP Process in accordance with good accounting principles. Dozens of invoices to be processed weekly. Invoices must be verified against claims accumulations, must be tagged with the proper account numbers and cost centers, signed by appropriate administrator, and submitted timely to BIDMC AP for payment by check or electronically.
- Review new information related to 340B. Sign up for webinars hosted by, but not limited to, Apexus, 340B Health and HRSA that are related to 340B. Attend yearly conferences as required.
- Work with Pharmaceutical Wholesalers to verify 340B drug pricing and address purchasing barriers.
- May perform other duties as needed by the department and are not limited to the above position description.
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- License Mass Registered Pharmacy Tech required., and Registration Pharmacy Technician Trainee required., and Certificate 1 EXCPT required., or Certificate 2 Pharm Tech Cert Board required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required in Pharmacy.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Pharmacy technician experience, pharmacy purchasing or inventory management in a hospital or clinic. Exceptional database and spreadsheet knowledge, proficient in math, pharmacy calculations and use of excel formulas.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience with 340B program regulatory and billing/coding compliance, project management.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
- Oral Communications: Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus