OR Supply Tech
Department Description: The Supply Management department is responsible for purchasing and managing healthcare supplies and equipment for the operating rooms across two campuses. Their focus is to ensure that the operating rooms are properly stocked with the correct products and equipment and that there is sufficient product on hand to meet the daily requirements of the operating rooms.
The department is responsible for overseeing the distribution of supplies, analyzing purchasing history to set appropriate inventory levels, and placing necessary orders on a daily basis.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 27513BR
Job Summary: Monitors supply par levels in the OR, Anesthesia, PACU, Holding Area, OR Stores and Case-pick. Re-orders supplies to OR Stores and Just-In-Time (JIT) supplies using hand held technology.
- Monitors par levels of supplies in the OR, Anesthesia, PACU, and Holding Area. Restocks areas as needed. Monitors and restocks supplies in OR Stores and Case-pick. Re-orders 'Just in Time' (JIT) inventory via hand-held technology.
- Re-orders supplies for OR Stores and Case-pick on a daily basis. Uses hand-held Technology to re-order JIT Supplies/Inventory. Requests supplies from BIDMC Distribution Department as needed. Opens pallets of daily deliveries and checks packing slips for accuracy against the appropriate purchase order.
- Reports observed hazards within the immediate physical environment to the appropriate personnel.
- Cross covers for other OR Supply Techs as needed. Assists in the counting process during the OR Stores annual inventory. Retrieves supplies from the opposite campus as needed.
- Notes discrepancies and reports to the OR Stores Supervisor. Unpacks and puts away supplies in the appropriate areas. Maintains administrative paperwork.
- High School diploma or GED required .
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.