At Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center our nurses make a difference each and every day. Here you will work in a collaborative environment where our patients come first. You are a patient advocate delivering compassionate care while ensuring safe nursing practices. We are Harvard with a heart and strive to build on our legacy of nursing excellence.
- Full Time
- Level: 1 + Years
- RN License
nurses at BIDMC, ensuring
every patient receives
of our nurses have a
or doctorate degree
dollars in scholarships awarded annually for
Health and Wellness Programs
$5 Red Sox Tickets
Department Description: The Nurse Practitioner in Ambulatory services provides clinical supervision of the Ambulatory COVID Drive Through Testing Site. Supports administrative team with clinical questions. Works in partnership with leadership to improve operations, adapts to changes in demand/need, guidelines, and participates in planning initiatives. Serves as operational lead for the swab site when manager is not physically present, including on weekends. Informs manager of any issues, including but not limited to operational, staffing, safety.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 39253BR
Job Summary: Provides direct patient care relative to physical diagnosis and therapeutic management and works closely with faculty, fellows, residents and nursing staff.
- Provides patient care management. Reviews history, performs physical assessment, formulates care plans, and follow-up. Orders and interprets laboratory and diagnostic tests. Educates patients and their families on appropriate care treatments.
- Acts as an educator. Serves as clinical resource for staff through consultation formal and informal education, review of literature and participation in seminars and conferences. Ensures that staff meets mandatory training and licensing requirements.
- Serves as resource to staff. Liaises between visiting nurses, clinical staff and consult services. Responsible for orientation of new staff, including but not limited to exposure to each team, collaboration with the Chief Residents, residents and faculty assigned to each team
- Coordinates Care. Oversees the entire clinical experience to assure that there is coordination and consolidation of patient care plans and execution of those plans to tie the service together. Consults with physicians or surgeons regarding the care of patients for more complex diagnosis
- Collaborates for program development. Maintains, follows, and participates in developing standards of care, clinical pathways, and patient care protocols.
- Performs procedures as delineated.
- Participates in the Rectal Cancer Multidisciplinary Clinic
- Triages patients (via telephone or in-person) as necessary to ensure optimum care. Write orders for medications and treatments under guidelines for licensure. Responsible for adhering to all quality assurance and mandatory compliance guidelines within the medical center
- Master's degree required in Nursing.
- License required: Nursing License,Certificate 1 required: Basic Life Support
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- MA Board authorization to practice as an APRN NRSG
- Valid prescriptive authority from both the MA DPH-DCP and Federal DEA
- American Heart Association - Basic Life Support Certificate
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Experience in a teaching hospital and speciality area expertise.
- Experience within a surgical practice
- Written Communications:Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications:Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge:Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work:Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
- Customer Service:Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
Let me just give you a quick overview of why it's different here. You'll be heard, respected, valued. Your ideas will be sought, your input welcomed. There's a real commitment to keeping it collegial and collaborative.-Marsha M., RN, MS, Senior Vice President, Patient Care Services CNO