Northeastern University Accounting Co-op Student
Department Description: Working within the Accounting and Fiscal Services department, this role is open to students from Northeastern University co-op program, majoring in accounting or finance.
The incumbent will initiate journal entries, maintain detailed supporting analysis, schedule and assist with the preparation of the Medical Center’s financial statements. In addition, the incumbent will perform analysis on variances from budgeted or forecasted results and will apply basic principles and theories of accounting to various transactions to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 27585BR
Job Summary: Performs general business support responsibilities related to the student's program of study under department supervision.
- Organizes and performs a variety of responsibilities that provide practical experience in the field of the Student's academic program and support the business functions of the department.
- High School diploma or GED required .
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Currently enrolled in an academic program in a College, University or other advanced educational institution
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Written Communications:Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications:Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge:Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work:Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service:Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally