Network Services Engineer
Department Description: Position is located at 1135 Tremont St.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 29154BR
Job Summary: Assists the Manager of Network Services and other IT professionals with the planning and implementation of systems and components associated with the backbone Ethernet of the hospitals, and all other Local Area and Wide Area networks.
1. Manages complex tasks requiring a level of expertise and projects of a more limited nature.
2. Responsible for second and third tier troubleshooting of network equipment failures and is the first point of contact for break/fix issues.
3. The position requires that a pager be carried, receive on-call on a rotating basis, and have availability for off hours work.
4. Assists Network Services Manager to ensure the work team is meeting standards and meeting service level agreements.
5. Contributes to the development of standards and policies for protocols, implementation procedures, remote management systems, network security, Call Center response and new technology evaluation.
1. High School diploma or GED required. Associate's degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred.
2. CCNA preferred.
3. 3-5 years related work experience required.
4. One to three years of progressively more responsible network experience in implementation, monitoring and analysis of network infrastructure.
5. Experience with router and switch technology as well as background and training in protocol analysis, OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP. Includes ability to configure, deploy, upgrade, and troubleshoot.
6. Routers - Cisco 1800/1900/2800/2900/3800/3900/ASR1000. Switches - Cisco 2950/3550/3560/3650/3750/4500/6500 and Nexus as well as strong working knowledge of 3 tiered architecture.
7. Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
1. Wide Area Networking background, especially with DMVPN, Metro Ethernet, and MPLS technologies preferred.
2. Background in Wireless LAN, DHCP/DNS, Firewalls, Nexus, VoIP, and Network Security preferred.
3. Working knowledge of most network technologies. Experience with Meraki helpful.
1. Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
2. Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
3. Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
4. Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
5. Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
6. Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
7. Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
8. Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move throughout the hospital campus
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.