MRI Tech, Senior - Per Diem
Department Description: The Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Cardiovascular Medicine Division is committed to providing high-quality care to our patients, promoting the educational mission of academic medicine and advancing state-of-the-art research in cardiovascular medicine.
The Division, which is an integral part of BIDMC’s Cardio Vascular Institute, includes some of the most highly-regarded cardiovascular experts in the world, and it is their exemplary patient care, teaching and research combined with the support of dedicated clinical and administrative that make possible the Division's many accomplishments.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 31800BR
Job Summary: Reporting to the MRI Director/Technical Director, performs all MR imaging exams and procedures in accordance with BIDMC policy and procedures and the ARRT scope of practice. Performs MRI screening and safety for all patients, IV insertions and contrast injections, patient preparation, explanation of exams, ensuring imaging and billing process is complete. Technologist hired at this level will have a proven record of superior level of understanding of MRI physics. This technologist will process exceptional problem skills and self-directed as related to MRI scanning and sequences.
- Performs all functions of an MRI Tech II.
- Monitors workflow at both campuses and adjusts staffing as needed. Coordinate scheduling of add-on patients.
Review schedules to identify incorrectly booked studies and identify patients that may need lab work prior to their exam.
- Provides assistance to technologists on policy and procedure issues. Enforce department policies.
- Sends images to PACS system, evaluates exam for completeness, and verifies exam in timely manner. Develops a working knowledge of all PACS capabilities
- Informs Clinical Manager or Supervisor and appropriate service personnel of system problems and documents accurately and completely
- Associate's degree in Allied Health required. Bachelor's degree in Allied Health preferred.
- Registration American Registry of Rad Tech required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
- 5-8 years related work experience required.
- New hires will have 30 days to provide BLS certification. Certification has to be with the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Minimum of 3 years of MRI experience. ARRT post-primary registration in MRI and a proven record of a superior level of understanding of MRI physics.
- Proven ability to interact with internal and external customers and problem solving skills for all patient and personnel issues that arise. Possession of exceptional problem solving skills as related to MRI scanning and sequences.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.