Machine Learning MRI Engineer
Department Description: Established in 1995 as the second such center in the United States, the BIDMC Cardiac Magnetic Resonance (CMR) Center is dedicated to the development and clinical application of CMR applications to the cardiovascular system. These include the use of CMR for the assessment of biventricular function/volumes/mass, valvular function, myocardial viability/infarction, coronary artery integrity and detection of subclinical atherosclerosis. Our center is looking for a Data Analyst to assist in ongoing research projects including cardiac MR image analysis, medical record data collection and outcome data collection. Background in biomedical engineering, computer science is desired.
Additional details can be found on our website:
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 34968BR
Job Summary: Develop and implement machine learning based algorithms for MRI image acquisition, reconstruction and risk prediction modeling.
Department Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Machine learning engineer reports to the Principal Investigator and performs research studies with an interdisciplinary team of engineers and physicians.
- The responsibilities involve implementing machine learning based techniques for MRI image acquisition, reconstruction and risk prediction modeling.
- Develop risk prediction models using quantitative imaging biomarkers of cardiovascular disease.
- Develop and implement new machine learning and radiomics algorithms using different machine learning software platforms.
- Strong background in ML is required.
- Maintains integrity & quality of data & assures data conformity meets operational requirements and goals. Assists in planning, establishing & monitoring criteria for data collection. Trains department staff on data acquisition methods. Acts as central resource for data collection. Extracts data from multiple sources. Audits and resolves all issues. Acts as integral member of data collection teams.
- Designs and develops reporting and analysis tools. Interprets data and refines analysis. Prepares and presents comprehensive reports. Develops forms, tables and other data tools in the applications that capture, report and consolidate data. Provides application data collection, analytics and reporting expertise. Complete analytics in a timely and efficient manner.
- Collaborates with IS to obtain and maintain applications used for data collection and reporting. Recommends tools, upgrades and alternatives. Assists in the development of application security and back-up plans. Coordinates interface solution with multiple applications.
- Ensures application access is in compliance with all regulatory and medical center practices. Acts as gatekeeper for application. Sets and define all user access and determine level of access. Reports all security risks to the application.
- Bachelor degree in biomedical engineering, computer science or electrical engineering is required.
- Prior experience in medical imaging is required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Application Certification, for one of the applications used in the department.
- 1 -3 years of multiple application maintenance with relational databases.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Open to permanent residents or US citizens.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally