Medical Records Representative II
Department Description: This is a fully onsite position working with the Health Information Management Department, supporting the analysis and scanning of medical records.
The schedule for this position is Sunday - Thursday 7:00am- 3:30pm.
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 44793BR
Job Summary: Performs medical record analysis and all tasks associated with scanning of medical records.
- Analyzes the medical record for completeness and records the status of incomplete records in the computer.
- Prepares medical documents for scanning into the electronic document management system.
- May or may not retrieve medical records from designated areas throughout the hospital.
- Verifies all form types were scanned to the appropriate tab in document viewer.
- Monitors the scanning process for miss-feeds, addressing problems in a timely manner, minimizing interruptions in productivity.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Previous experience in an office environment.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
- Oral Communications: Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force frequently. Work is physically demanding and requires extended periods of standing and/or moving.
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.