Media Services Specialist
Department Description: This position supports media services and is located at 1135 Tremont St.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 41076BR
Job Summary: Strong, collaborative senior team member able to thrive in a busy Media Services production environment, to apply advanced technical and creative skills to meet institutional needs and to provide appropriate services and products to a diverse internal clients. Depending on the current needs of the department, you will be responsible primarily for one of three specific areas (Multimedia AV Integration, Video Production, and Photography). You will also work with the other two specific areas as needed.
- Produce and/or provide appropriate services and product requested by media services clients with high quality, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Perform assigned work and allocate time and resources appropriately, working with supervisor to appropriately prioritize competing demands.
- Keep accurate track of time spent on projects for billing and reporting purposes. Appropriately organize, archive, and maintain client materials including department online photo/video database and online video streaming channel.
- As "lead" staff person for area(s) of expertise: plan, budget and project manage independently special projects and/or events. Oversee the work of junior staff members and freelancers, as appropriate.
- Work with other team members in maintaining and developing the department as "state-of-the-art" by participating actively in team and staff meetings, maintaining peripheral devices such as video, photo, and multimedia equipment; and staying current with hardware and software advances by participating in continual learning and process improvement initiatives.
- Provide Multimedia end user support and training for users of campus AV systems. Maintain AV and CATV infrastructure by performing preventative maintenance, necessary upgrades, and overseeing installation of new multimedia systems.
- Provide studio, location and clinical photography as well as post production editing and graphic design using software including Adobe Photoshop and other Adobe Suite applications.
- Provide studio, location and clinical videography as well as production services for multimedia live events. Provide post production editing services using programs such as Adobe Premier and Avid Media Composer.
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5-8 years related work experience required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement