Materials Management Analyst
Department Description: The Materials Operations group delivers all needed supplies internally to the medical center. We are comprised of 50 employees covering 24/7/365, servicing 4 receiving docks, over 100 delivery points and 2000 pieces of medical equipment. The department is fast paced and interactive in support of a world class academic medical center.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 35282BR
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Manager Supply Chain Inventory and Sourcing, the Analyst Supply Chain Inventory and Sourcing is responsible for analyzing, optimizing and improving Inventory functions at a multi-facility Hospital. This position includes physical inventory of supply, leveraging data analytics to improve inventory fill rates from onsite inventories as well as low unit of measure prime vendors.
- Manages day to day analytics and inventory movement between multiple business units supporting over 200 individual par locations.
- Analyze requirements for new products. Identifies opportunity for savings by analyzing existing inventory purchasing and usage.
- Proactively forecasts product usage working with clinical end users and vendors to ensure product availability. Understands how and why products are used and in what settings clinically
- Works with vendors procuring products as necessary to support daily operations.
- Provides continual education and training of the supply system utilizing EDI/GHX, and MMIS systems
- Ensures BIDMC core values are practiced throughout operations.
- Completes ad hoc tasks and projects as assigned.
- Understands and complies with Joint Commission, DPH, and other regulators.
- Associate's degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Certified Materials & Resource Professional (CMRP)
- PeopleSoft, WMS experience
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally