Manager, Marketing Technology
Department Description: As we embark on a transformation of our MarTech strategy, we are seeking a talented individual that has an understanding of digital front door experiences, including CRM, marketing automation, digital experience platforms, and personalization. The ideal person for this position is comfortable with both overseeing the rollout of a multi-year digital strategy as well as skilled at project and vendor management. If you are looking for a role that is both challenging and rewarding for a dynamic and growing team, this role is for you.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 39390BR
Job Summary: Reporting to the VP, Digital Strategy and Marketing Intelligence, the Marketing Technology Manager is responsible for the development of the organizations' Marketing Technology (MarTech) stack. Understands the elements of a multi-layered MarTech stack and develop a phased roadmap for the health system, with an eye on automation to streamline the functions of marketing and communications, across multiple audience groups. Understand how systems could interconnect to integrate data between platforms, across all digital channels to improve business performance.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand digital marketing objectives to ensure alignment with project outcomes and effectively meet strategic and tactical needs.
- Operate marketing technology products as an administrator and provide administrative oversight and workflow mapping for additional users.
- Define business requirements for ongoing marketing technology investments and understand how to map these to technology capabilities and, if necessary, how to adjust existing business processes to take full advantage of these capabilities.
- Drive the governance of the system integrity and performance of various MarTech platforms. Oversee and manage critical MarTech vendor partnerships to ensure optimal performance and return on investment from technology costs.
Train and support marketing staff on best practices in using marketing technology products to support the organization.
- Regular partnership with IT and other teams across the organization to ensure MarTech architecture is in alignment with overall digital platform architecture. Monitor data quality within marketing technology products to ensure efficiency and operational success.
- Partner with developers and program managers to establish timelines and ensure delivery of projects and requests.
Identify time-consuming internal processes and assist in building reliable and scalable solutions to automate them.
- Manage fast-changing priorities in a dynamic environment to deliver the most impactful solutions to business stakeholders. Projects may include launching new technologies, optimizing existing processes, supporting new features, enablement, business process reviews, etc.
- Deliver on these roadmaps from concept through enablement to ensure high adoption and high success. This includes handling project timelines, communication, expectations, etc.
- Seek enhancement and efficiency at every turn. Have an eye for scale and automation.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 8-10 years related work experience required in Analytics experience.
- Proven working experience in leading CRM and other MarTech solutions or other similar technologies. Deep understanding of Personalization, Data Driven Marketing (DDM), and Content Analytics.
- In-depth understanding of architecture of an integrated marketing technology stack, and developing systems that support and interact with one another. In-depth understanding of the typical use cases of Digital Marketing Platform implementations (such as ad server, analytics, DMP, DSP, frontend tooling, Mobile strategies etc.)
- Understand industry trends for marketing technology platforms (content management systems, CRM, marketing automation, intranet, mobile and data security practices).
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement