Manager- Supply Chain Operations
Department Description: The Materials Operations group delivers all needed supplies internally to the medical center. We are comprised of 50 employees covering 24/7/365, servicing 4 receiving docks, over 100 delivery points and 2000 pieces of medical equipment. The department is fast paced and interactive in support of a world class academic medical center.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 35280BR
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Director Supply Chain/Materials Management, the Manager, Supply Chain Operations is responsible for the day to day leadership of the distribution, shipping/receiving, operational and logistics functions of Supply Chain at a multi-facility Hospital. This function includes all programs, policies, standard, procedures and operations related to the management and movement of good and materials to support Medical Center operations. The manager serves as a hospital-wide resource on materials management, inventory and receiving. This position directs and develops effective point-of-use supply chain and medical equipment management to insure appropriate critical medical supply on-hand inventory, product replenishment, restocking, distribution, and billing information. As part of the Materials Supply Chain team, the manager is accountable for effective inventory and supplies management, medical equipment inventories and receiving
This positon manages, plans, organizes, develops and controls the activity of the Shipping and Receiving operation. This position has direct management of responsibility Materials Management personnel, including Materials Management Supervisors, assistants and shipping/receiving staff.
- Manages day to day operations of Materials Logistics and Distribution including supplies and medical equipment including 40 FTE, distribution and supplies. Manages the activities of assigned staff responsible for the timely receipt, inspection and delivery of materials, supplies and equipment delivered daily through shipping and receiving operation
- Ensures that policies, procedures, quality assurance, and customer service standards are followed. Participates in the development and implementation as well as the monitoring of all department policies, procedures, technical guidelines and quality assurance standards. Ensures quality performance, customer satisfaction and adherence to the requirements of regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for maintaining adequate staffing levels, interviewing, and employee relations. Responsible for completion of staff Performance Appraisals, Competence Assessment, Compliance and Mandatory Education. Counsels and disciplines assigned staff as needed, preparing proper supporting documentation and recommending changes in personnel status.
- Recommends departmental budgets. Evaluates equipment and makes recommendations for capital expenditures. Operates within the allocated funds. Monitors monthly budget performance and retains accountability for timely and accurate accounting of supplies to internal customers.
- Conducts staff meetings. Acts as a resource for Nursing Staff. Informs the Director of any concerns involving distribution or inventory control. Frequent communication to end-users, as well as all supply chain staff, prime vendor and IT. Communication with all constituents will have a variety of forums, but must demonstrate a collaborative approach, results orientation, and managerial courage.
- Responsible for ongoing interaction with department supervisors concerning their supply needs. Management of Inventory and Information/Systems: par level establishment/maintenance, refill process, utilization analysis, product management, product placement, and system optimization. Implements policy, procedure, work flow, training and education to ensure interfaces are performing properly.
- Provides continual education and training of the supply system. Ensures adequate user training for all hospital training/education departments and establishes a liaison in each area. Ensures the integrity of data interfaces by use of reports and performing quality monitoring and regular audits. Responds and investigates to budgetary inventory supply issues.
- Ensures BIDMC core values are practiced throughout operations. Proactively meets with customers to understand needs and resolve problems. Imitates customer service surveys to determine service levels.
- Completes ad hoc tasks and projects as assigned.
- Understands and complies with Joint Commission, DPH, and other regulators.
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: 4-6 Indirect Reports: 21-50
- Assists in planning, monitoring and/or managing budget in functional area of department.
- Associate's degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5-8 years related work experience required and 5-8 years supervisory/management experience required
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Certified Materials & Resource Professional (CMRP)
- PeopleSoft, Workday,MMIS, WMS experience
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to lead operational initiatives to meet or exceed customer service standards and expectations in assigned unit(s) and/or across multiple areas in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.