Manager IT Finance
Department Description: This role is providing support and direction on the Beth Israel Lahey Health IT team.
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 42134BR
Job Summary: Directs the Finance team within the BILH IT Finance & Administration Shared Service. This includes directing and maintaining oversight of all IT financial activities including the operating and capital budget planning and execution, contract management, contract life cycle and negotiation, vendor management and relationships, financial forecasting, priorities, purchase orders, procurement and vendor invoicing. This role is also responsible for managing the annual operating and capital budgets by quarterly reports of budget versus actual expenses, financial forecasting, and reviewing budget variances (positive and negative) for decision making during the year. This role will work collaboratively with IT Shared Service Leaders, Legal Department, Marketing Department and IT Security to assess and mitigate IT risk for the organization.
- Responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT Finance specific functions at BILH. Interacts with all levels of BILH, including senior management and department heads, and is responsible for knowledge of operational and financial policies and procedures.
- Possess a thorough knowledge and understanding of established IT policies and procedures and to effectively translate operational plans into methods and processes to be used in the delivery of services, technology planning and support to customers and employees.
- Develops operational and service levels and set reasonable expectations for customers that are based on IT policy; State and Federal requirements; technology or resource limitations; and budgetary constraints.
- Leads regular staff meetings to communicate, inform and clarify procedures, policy, management directives and performance measurements; focus is generally on month-to-month activities and changes that require complex coordination and are procedure focused.
- Responsible for directing all IT contract negotiations (new or renewed), in conjunction with IT Leaders, and ensure Legal and Compliance policies are maintained and reviewed. Responsible for annual review and consolidation of existing contacts among various it entities into one contract to negotiate better rates for BILH and setting fiscal goals to save money.
- Responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT Finance functions at BILH. This includes daily, monthly, annual financial reporting, contract negotiation, vendor management, and operating and capital budget management.
- Provides complex decision support to IS Leaders as needed to manage and plan resources and spending, evaluate projects and support vendor negotiations.
- Maintains solid relationships within BILH's Legal, Compliance, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Finance department, and vendors.
- Routinely communicates with senior IT leadership regarding departmental functions and the status of various programs, services, and financial objectives.
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: More than 7 Indirect Reports: 6-10
- Has full responsibility for planning, monitoring and managing budgets for a center, institution or vice presidential unit.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 8-10 years related work experience required and 5-8 years supervisory/management experience required
- Strong background in contracts management and excellent negotiation skills.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Experience in a healthcare setting.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices and programs. Manager or Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
- Oral Communications: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to lead operational initiatives to meet or exceed customer service standards and expectations in assigned unit(s) and/or across multiple areas in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.