Information Systems, Manager
Department Description: Network Operations Manager. Position will be located at 1135 Tremont St.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 24237BR
Job Summary: Oversee the overall management of an IS team(s). Manage the teams contributions from functional/customer staff, technical support groups and informatics professionals toward goal of delivering and supporting systems in a timely, cost-effective and responsive manner. Assist with the development of transition plans as systems move from development to implementation to production to on-going maintenance.
Department Specific Job Responsibilities:
- As the Network Operations Manager, assists other IS professionals with implementation, installation and maintenance of systems and system components associated with the backbone Ethernet and all LAN and WAN computing technology.
- Oversee second and third tier troubleshooting of network failures, operational issues and project requests. Assist in event management of network issues.
- Acts as a focal point for all network operations and assists with implementation and installation, including routers, switches, remote access systems, wireless systems, as well as software, appliances, DNS/DHCP services, firewall devices, and security infrastructure, including wireless.
- The Operation Manager is required to carry a pager and be available during off hours.
- Interact with both internal and external departmental contacts and with senior IT and BIDMC management
- Translate operational plans into methods and procedures to ensure day-to-day adherence.
- Manage procedural projects requiring planning, some technical expertise, and coordination of multiple tasks; responsible for well documented processes.
- Know and understand established IS policies and procedures and effectively translate operational plans into methods and processes to be used in the delivery of services, technology planning, and support to customers and employees.
- Lead regular staff meetings at the team level in order to communicate, inform and clarify procedures, policy, management directives and performance measurements; focus is generally on day-to-day activities and changes of limited scope.
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: 4-6 Indirect Reports: None
- Assists in planning, monitoring and/or managing budget in functional area of department.
- Associate's degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5-8 years related work experience required and 1-3 years supervisory/management experience required
- Working knowledge of most network technologies with a concentration in a primary area.
- Experience in routing and switching, including the Nexus platform as well as best practices and protocol analysis.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices and programs. Manager or Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.