Maintenance Manager - HVAC
Department Description: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is offering a $5,000 sign on bonus for the Maintenance Manager - HVAC position.
Bonuses are paid out within the first 30 days of employment and are subject to applicable taxes.
Maintenance Operations inspires a dedicated team of professionals whose goal is to provide a well maintained, safe and appealing facility and environment while meeting regulatory requirements. Our main objective is to resolve problems and provide timely response to meet our customers' needs.
We focus on providing a high level of customer service in order to meet the needs of our patients, visitors, staff and the community while gaining their respect by providing prompt and efficient response to their maintenance requests. We continually evaluate our activities and focus our attention on achieving top performance in all areas of our responsibility.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 30940BR
Job Summary: Reporting to the Maintenance Director, oversees the activities of the HVAC section personnel. Plans, schedules and directs the operation, preventive maintenance, repair, inspection, testing and installation of all heating, air conditioning, refrigeration equipment throughout the Medical Center.
- Responsible for scheduling, estimating, assigning, supervising and controlling costs for the maintenance, repair and operation of all heating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment, central units, chilled water systems and controls, package units, window units, ice machines, refrigerators, freezers, environmental walk-in units and specialized air systems throughout the Medical Center.
- Responsible for the supervision, scheduling and time collection of all HVAC section personnel.
- Maintains required inspection, testing and maintenance records and reports regarding operations, preventive maintenance, repair and new installation for all equipment and systems assigned to this section, while remaining compliant with all external agency requirements (TJC, BFD, DPH, etc).
- Responsible to be on call 24 hours per day for operational and emergency situations and to respond to the Medical Center for emergency situations.
- Provides training to HVAC section personnel regarding shift qualifications, equipment and systems operations, inspections, testing, emergency procedures, etc.
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has authority to undertake or recommend the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: More than 7 Indirect Reports: 1-5
- Assists in planning, monitoring and/or managing budget in functional area of department.
- Vocational or Technical training in HVAC required.
- License Mass. Refrigeration Tech Licen required.
- 5-8 years related work experience required and 3-5 years supervisory/management experience required
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices and programs. Manager or Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.