Maintenance Inventory Clerk
Department Description: Maintenance employees are required to respond to emergencies such as floods, power outages, during off shift hours if asked to do so by department managers.
Snow removal is also the responsibility of the Maintenance Operations Department and all Maintenance employees are required to participate in the snow removal process.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 38003BR
Job Summary: Performs a variety of duties related to the procurement process including the requisitioning, receipt, inventory control and issuance of maintenance supplies, material and equipment for multiple campuses.
- Performs all aspects of the procurement process for all required maintenance supplies. Works closely with the department managers and administrative associate in order to provide proper spare parts inventory to support HVAC/R, electrical, plumbing and carpentry sections within the Maintenance Operations Department.
- Maintains proper ordering and completion of orders. Contacts vendors for prices/delivery dates, follows up on late deliveries and processes shipping papers to return stock to vendors for credit or repairs. Partners with receiving and accounts payable to verify receipt of supplies and materials and to ensure timely payment of invoices.
- Maintains all reclamation space used for spent bulbs in a neat and orderly fashion. Contacts reclamation vendor when needed to remove reclaimed goods on both campuses. Provides proper reporting of records to Environmental Health & Safety.
- Maintains operations and control of the maintenance stock room's supplies and materials. Maintains par level of general stock and repair parts in support of the department. Oversees control system for receipt and issue of supplies and materials. Provides safe, orderly storage of all supplies and materials on hand. Ensures flammables and hazardous materials are sorted and stored appropriately.
- Maintains data and submits periodic reports for stock usage and budget information. Keeps accurate records of shop expenditures and advises the administrative associate and Sr. Director of any budget variations. Participates in the budget adherence process.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.