LIS Application Analyst II
Department Description: Working on the Ambulatory and Lab Systems Team, this position will be supporting the Laboratory Information Systems. The Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) Team supports the various systems used by the Department of Pathology at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
The LIS Team works closely with staff and clinicians across the organization, as well as software and hardware vendors, to design, develop, test and support the LIS applications.
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 43014BR
Job Summary: Leads project teams in the implementation of small and mid-size clinical systems into the production environment.
- Collaborates with the project manager to create and maintain a project charter and plan with associated resources, milestones, and timeline needed to complete the project. Assists with development and maintenance of risk assessment & mitigation, communication, change management, and quality management project plans.
- Develops and implements go live plans, including task list, timeline, staffing coverage, disaster contingency & recovery plans, and communication. Assists in staffing for other departmental go live activities as needed
- Coordinates the kickoff and ongoing team meetings, prepare agendas, lead the discussions, and ensure meeting minutes are available for team members following the meeting.
- Leads in the creation of end user training materials and operational policies and procedures related to day-to-day application functionality.
- Participates in testing system functionality, including interfaces, reports and queries, through appropriate phases - unit, integrated, parallel, pilot. Provides testing and documentation to meet annual regulations.
- Acts as primary triage person for application and IS related problems from Laboratory departments - Clinical and Anatomical Pathology. Troubleshoots and resolves application issues and escalates issues appropriately. The maintenance of the current system includes a rotation of on-call.
- Assists in application goLIVE implementation activites including staffing, additional training and trouble-shooting. Provides post goLIVE application support.
- Assist with current and future state workflow design and documentation.
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Experience in project management and Information Systems with the automation of departmental and/or enterprise-wide systems; experience in data conversions, upgrades, testing, report writing and interface activities.
- Experience implementing and/or providing daily support of a Laboratory Information Systems.
- Experience in use of MS Word, Excel, MS Access, PowerPoint; familiarity with MS Project and Visio is a plus.
- Written Communications:Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications:Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge:Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work:Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service:Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement