IT Project Manager
Department Description: Information Technology (IT) has undertaken a multi-year effort to harmonize IT systems across Beth Israel Lahey Health. IT staff members may have the opportunity to participate in special projects that span Beth Israel Lahey Health as part of this harmonization effort. This position may be assigned to work on special projects, and other job duties, as needed.
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 46648BR
Job Summary: Under general direction of the Director of IT Project Management team, provides project management direction for small to medium projects. Creates detailed project plans, project scope documents, and maintains issues lists and other related documentation. Utilizes BILH standard PMO policies and procedures for project management methodology and defining, testing, and installing the information technology clinical applications and other initiatives based upon the user-defined business requirements and best practices. Provides an effective liaison between the business departments, the project Committee and the information Services department, as well as, external vendors providing IS related project management services. Provide assistance to other members of the PMO team and IT analysts.
- Manages project development from beginning to end. Typically 'small' or `medium' sized projects working with all levels of BILH leadership will be managed.
- Defines project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with management and stakeholders.
- Develops full-scale project plans and associated communications documents, as well as track project milestones and deliverables and issues lists.
- Effectively communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Collaborates with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- 5-8 years related work experience required.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.