IS Peoplesoft Lead Analyst
Department Description: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is seeking a Lead Analyst to join our PeopleSoft Team and partner with HRIS, Benefits, Payroll, and other areas to implement new functionality and remedy issues. We want someone who is passionate about problem-solving and creating an excellent user experience. If that sounds like you, consider this position and apply today!
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 28894BR
Job Summary: The PeopleSoft HCM Subject Matter Expert will serve as the primary liaison between Information Systems and our business partners, ensuring that system functionality meets the needs of all user groups. Research, recommend, and influence best practice solutions, drawing upon extensive knowledge of PeopleSoft HCM applications and business processes (emphasis on HR, Benefits, and Payroll). Provide leadership and mentoring to other team members through active knowledge sharing.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement by better leveraging delivered PeopleSoft functionality; conduct conference room pilots and other proof of concept activities to obtain buy-in for recommended configurations
- Meet frequently with business stakeholders to continually review key objectives, discuss project pipeline, and build consensus around prioritization of work requests; attend project status meetings to review progress and present issues that may affect delivery schedules; help manage expectations, timelines, and deliverables
- Ensure that all requests follow the change management process and have a clearly articulated business case (i.e. problem definition, viable options, cost/benefit/risk analysis, etc.)
- Facilitate sessions to gather business requirements, identify current business process challenges, and perform fit/gap assessment with the delivered applications
- Compile process flows, functional design specifications, test plans, and training materials
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- 8-10 years related work experience required.
- 8+ years experience with progressive responsibility implementing, upgrading, maintaining, and supporting PeopleSoft HCM applications
- Superior knowledge of business processes, capabilities, and configuration options for PeopleSoft Human Resources, Benefits Administration, and/or Payroll for North America
- Strong communication skills are essential; must possess the ability to interact with people from all organizational levels and build consensus through negotiation and diplomacy
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Experience with Multiple Concurrent Jobs, Payroll to General Ledger interface, Profile Management, Employee Self-Service, Manager Self-Service, Position Management, Employee Reviews, Candidate Gateway, Talent Acquisition Management, Forms and Approvals Builder
- Proficiency with PS/Query for troubleshooting, data validation, and ad-hoc reporting support
- Proficiency with MS Office and other productivity tools
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to lead and direct multiple collaborative teams for large projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have significant implications for the management and operations of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally