Inventory Control Specialist - IS
Department Description: This position is located at 1135 Tremont Street.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 31422BR
Job Summary: Responsible for inventory and warehouse activities related to the IS equipment lifecycle management and equipment break/fix and warranty repair work; including preparing workstations and printers for deployment within the BIDMC and affiliated entities; and transporting equipment within the BIDMC main campus.
- Performs inventory functions related to receiving and in-processing equipment and repair parts, as well as warehouse related activities associated with allocating space for equipment storage and racking and transporting equipment/stock to satellite locations.
- Performs asset recovery activities according to IT, EPA and DEP policies and guidelines; acquires/maintains understanding of the local, State and Federal regs related to disposal of computer components, monitors, and other hazardous waste; understands HIPAA and State laws related to protection of private health information and proper handling and disposal/destruction of confidential/sensitive data
- Prepares 'managed' workstations for deployment using SCCM imaging technology and possesses the skills and abilities when required to manually installed and configuring the OS, antivirus software, and management agents; i.e., McAfee ePO and Microsoft SCCM; including burning the BIOS.
- Possesses a basic understanding of viruses and malware and the risks associated with cyber threats; possesses a basic understanding of WSUS and the need for patching and updating OS and applications.
- Monitors and reviews equipment requests submitted to Inventory Control and makes the appropriate selections from stock based on hardware/technical specifications, customer needs and project requirements. It is an expectation that this position maintains accurate and up-to-date reports and records on inventory counts.
- High School diploma or GED required. Vocational or Technical training preferred in computer or systems with emphasis on Windows-based workstations
- Certificate 1 preferred: A+ Certification
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Technical skills, knowledge and understanding of personal computers, operating systems, hardware and peripherals, and productivity applications (MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and Internet Explorer).
- Technical ability and proficiency in assessing and troubleshooting computer-related problems
- Basic knowledge of networking principles related to workstation and printer configuraturation and basic knowledge of hardware to the component level.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Written Communications:Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications:Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge:Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work:Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service:Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.