Image Archive Assistant
Department Description: Schedule: Full Time - 40 Hours - 7:30-4pm - Day Shift
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 40818BR
Job Summary: Performs a wide variety of tasks relative to the retrieval, processing, distribution, tracking and filing of hard copy films and electronically archived softcopy images. This position involves significant contact with patients, physicians and other allied health professionals
- Manages Department telephone report line by accurately using a decision tree to determine urgency of the incoming request and based on that decision, transfers call to appropriate receipient in department.
- Digitizes Images and verifies accuracy of patient information by looking up information in Clinical Computing System (CCC). Following Image Archive established protocol, digitizes internal and external hard and softcopy images into PACS system.
- Merging examinations by following Image Archive established protocols. Incumbent merges hard and softcopy images into the PACS system for comparison. Merging of studies into the PACS system is done through the importation of soft copy images via CD into PACS as well as through the digitization of hardcopy images into the system.
- Burns CDs using our PacsGear CD burner and MediaImport Software, following Departmental guidelines. Imports images in order to copy them onto a CD.
- Following Departmental procedure, "fetches" images from PACS System in order to burn a CD or print hard copy.
- High School diploma or GED required. Vocational or Technical training preferred.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Strong Telephone and Interpersonal Customer Service Skills preferred
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement