HVAC Mechanic - Sign On Bonus Eligible
Department Description: $2000 Sign on Bonus Eligible! This sign on bonus incentive plan is for individuals who are not an employee of the BILH system and are committing to regularly scheduled hours. This program is subject to change at any point. Bonuses are paid out within the first 30 days of employment and are subject to applicable taxes.
Maintenance Operations inspires a dedicated team of professionals whose goal is to provide a well maintained, safe and appealing facility and environment while meeting regulatory requirements. Our main objective is to resolve problems and provide timely response to meet our customers’ needs. We focus on providing a high level of customer service in order to meet the needs of our patients, visitors and staff and the community while gaining their respect by providing prompt and efficient response to their maintenance requests. We continually evaluate our activities and focus our attention on achieving top performance in all areas of our responsibility.
Maintenance employees are required to respond to emergencies such as floods, power outages, etc during off shift hours if asked to do so by department supervisors. Snow removal is also the responsibility of the Maintenance Operations Department and all Maintenance employees are required to participate in the snow removal process.
Shift for this position is Monday – Fridays 6:55am – 3:25pm.
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 43789BR
Job Summary: The licensed HVAC mechanic is responsible for general maintenance, repairs and installations of HVAC systems. Operates, tests and overhauls a variety of air conditioning, ventilation, refrigeration systems and associated equipment. Assists the HVAC supervisor in the training of new personnel on equipment and systems. Performs tasks within capabilities involving piping systems, motors and controllers,
pneumatic systems, chilled water, etc.
- Performs all repairs and maintenance of all heating/cooling and ventilating components common to the building operations.
- Operates, installs, repairs and maintains mechanical equipment such as air handlers, exhaust fans, automatic valves, pneumatic and electrical controls, refrigeration systems, space heating and cooling units..
- Required to respond to emergencies such as floods, power outages, etc. during off shift hours, if directed to by the department supervisor
- Snow removal is also the responsibility of the Maintenance Department and all Maintenance employees are required to participate.
- Performs record keeping requirements and written reports as part of a daily routine.
- Vocational or Technical training in HVAC required.
- License Mass. Refrigeration Tech Licen required., and Certificate 1 CFC Universal Certificate required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Excellent familiarity with Building Automation Systems.
- Experienced in brazing, silver solder and performing pipe alterations.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement