HR Systems Analyst II
Department Description: This role is providing support our HR Systems team.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 42052BR
Job Summary: Partner with the various departments within HR and other departments including Payroll, Finance, Marketing and Communications, within the BILH entities, to translate functional business requirements into technical requirements for development and implementation. Research, analyze and develop modifications to existing functionality to meet business objectives and needs for the organization. Configure/re-configure across the multiple applications including PeopleSoft, Meditech, and Workday. Perform fit/gap analysis, reporting/data analysis, data mapping and system testing. Design and develop end-user-training materials and conduct end user training. Draw from multiple sources and systems to create reports, data analytics, and dashboards to support HR operations and regulatory requirements. Interacts with HR, employees and vendors on a daily basis. Prepare monthly/yearly audit, compliance reports, and assist in regulatory compliance filings. Gather and summarizes information used to develop recommendations to HR in response to operational issues, process improvement and program enhancements. Manage and resolve help desk tickets and update and maintain documentation for training and user self-service documentation and information to enhance the users' experience.
- Maintain HRIS applications, including requirements gathering, configuration, development, testing, and implementation.
- Prepare detailed documentation including process flow diagrams, functional design specifications, test scripts, user guides, and training materials.
- Create PeopleSoft, Workday and other application queries for dashboards and create other requested analytics.
- Partner and collaborate with operations and technical teams to translate business concepts and requirements into technical modifications and improvements within the PeopleSoft. Meditech, Time and Attendance, Workday, and other applications.
- Test and implement system design changes due to plan design changes, regulatory requirements, business process improvements, etc.
- Liaison with Help Desk and manage tickets, troubleshoot system issues, implement fixes, and perform system audits.
- Lead projects for new releases, implementations and/or module roll outs as needed.
- Create and Maintain documentation including training materials, user help and journey map documentation.
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- 4+ years of experience in project management, systems development, process reengineering or systems planning and integration. Demonstrated ability to work on projects requiring good organization time management and multitasking skills required.
- Must have strong analytical skills and experience in comprehensive data compares related to system implementations or cut over testing.
- Must have advanced SQL and Excel Skills and demonstrated ability to independently perform queries, vlook ups, advanced formulas, etc.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Strong HCM (Recruiting, HR, Benefits, Absence, Compensation, Talent, Payroll) configuration experience.
- Experience with PeopleSoft and Workday.
- Experience in Healthcare and Hospital operations.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement