HR Generalist - Employee Relations
Department Description: This role will be providing Human Resources support on our Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center's Employee Relations team!
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 42055BR
Job Summary: Collaborates with and supports the HR Employee Relations Director, HR Sr. Business Partners, the BIDMC managerial and employee community and others, to address human resources issues. In oversight by the Employee Relations Director and guidance of Sr. Business Partners, establishes relationships with client business groups, employees and other HR colleagues to support the resolution of employee questions and issues; including complaint handling with initial review and potential resolution with needed triaging to SRBP; Key work in assisting to facilitate HR related communications within and between all levels of the client groups.
- Works with managers and employees to investigate and resolve employee relations issues, with appropriate guidance and needed escalation to senior ER staff; Drafts Corrective action and termination documents and coordinates on these processes.
- Manages essential ER responsibilities, such as and not limited to: ADA EE case mgmt with review accommodations/extended leaves; CORI/Crimination Background Checks; Compliance requirements (eg. Flu, Core Compliance, BLS/ACLS); HR PM Policy mgmt; Unemployment mgmt.; Appeal processes; EE Comp/Benefits questions; ER training ' preparation & conducting with senior ER staff; etc.
- Essential work with HR Systems, including PeopleSoft, Internal systems on EE Relations database, Timekeeping, Talent Acquisition, Unemployment, etc. Including updated data and report production and analysis, utilizing metrics for decision making, sharing appropriate metrics with senior ER staff and clients business groups on ER related activities and potential impact.
- Other essential supportive roles such as partnered front-office EE walk-in coverage; meeting management; project collaboration and support; administrative mgmt of out-of-state employees, etc.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Working knowledge of basic employment and labor law.
- Experience with Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9) and E-Verify.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement