Help Desk Analyst
Department Description: Position is located at 1135 Tremont St.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 38497BR
Job Summary: This position ensures proper and on-going day-to-day operation of BIDMC computers, printers, peripherals, and mobile devices, identifying potential problems, resolving routine computer-related problems according to established IS policies, procedures and standards.
- Demonstrates ability to diagnose and resolve routine desktop related interoperability issues, security issues pertaining to the OS, system access, passwords, and authentication.
- Develops a basic understanding of network-related activities and support, including IP and DNS and gains understanding and proficiency in identifying and responding accurately to desktop management issues related to Profiles, Policies and local system configurations.
- Utilizes call tracking tool in an effective manner; maintaining and ensuring accuracy of all logged in information.
- Acquires, expands and maintains professional knowledge and skills by participating in internal and external training opportunities, in-service programs, vendor seminars and other available means in order to maintain the highest level of technical skills possible. Participates in cross-training and may be asked to train other IS staff members.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with the manager, senior staff, Help Desk, and user to coordinate support issues and ensure timely response and positive outcomes for customer and demonstrates the ability to quickly and accurately identify when issues should be escalated to other experts and/or management.
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate's degree preferred.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Technical skills, knowledge and understanding of personal computers, operating systems, hardware and peripherals, and productivity applications (i.e. MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and Internet Explorer) and security software (i.e. McAfee)
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally