Department Description: HMFP-Radiology at BIDMC provides radiology services at the BIDMC main campus and multiple sites within the community. Over one hundred physicians and staff provide services to over 400,000 patients per year. The department is dedicated to its clinical, teaching and research missions, and provides a dynamic and mission-focused work environment.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 32114BR
Job Summary: Responsible for financial and budgeting support for the division or department. Reconciles monthly accounts, and prepares and analyzes budgets and financial reports for multiple accounts.
- Provides financial data, maintains and updates financial models and plans.
- Creates and maintains various financial systems, assuring that documentation is complete, accurate and consistent with the Medical Center's policies and practices. Ensures compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
- Prepares a variety of reports and analyses to monitor progress, productivity and results of the financial activities of the division/department. Prepares special financial studies as needed.
- Reviews, processes and tracks payments and receivables. Reconciles bills, vendor purchase orders and invoices, requisitions, and requests for payments. Works with vendors to settle billing disputes.
- Bachelor's degree required .
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting or finance.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally