Financial Analyst - Sr
Department Description: Hospital Medicine is a team of over 150 Physician Hospitalists, Physician and Administrative Leaders and staff working together to provide care to hospitalized inpatients at BIDMC, BID-Needham, BID-Milton, and BID-Plymouth 24 hours per day, every day of the year. The physicians care for over 400 hospitalized inpatients across these four hospitals on any given day. Our Hospitalists include leaders in Administration, Education, Research, and Healthcare Quality.
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 45039BR
Job Summary: Responsible for the daily financial running of the department by ensuring all cash collections, accounts payable, deposits, financial reports and reconciliations are completed in an accurate and timely fashion.
Department Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Partner with Hospital Medicine Leadership to ensure accurate physician payroll for 120+ physicians practicing in four different geographic locations.
- Create, maintain, and disseminate various financial and operational performance dashboards and provider-level scorecards.
- Monthly review of provider-specific profit and loss statements to identify variances.
- Oversee Hospital Medicine accounts payable process, including external invoices, physician reimbursements, etc.
- Prepares and supports the accurate and timely distribution of both corporate and individual revenue and expense statements.
- Oversees/prepares the monthly input of financial information into the general ledger system, and makes any corrections necessary. Inaccurate information could negatively impact financial performance and decision making ability.
- Review accounting systems and procedures and makes suggestions on how to improve on current methods.
- Reconciles all balance sheet accounts, maintains various schedules, and meets with year end auditors, providing materials as requested.
- Supervises /prepares the invoicing of outside entities and the deposit of cash receipts.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Related Field required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Work requires verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills as well as three years of progressive experience, preferably within a health care setting.
- Must be able to work well in a team-focused environment and communicate well with physicians.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.