Department Description: Obstetrics and Gynecology
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 30786BR
Job Summary: Plans and organizes the department's annual operating budget. Provides financial information and business analysis to senior management and in the planning process. Performs centralized budget administration activities including cost center budget reports, consolidated budget reports and business performance metrics reports. Creates revenue and budget projections based on the annual capital and operating budget goals. Manages various aspects of the accounting function including general ledger, accounts payable, purchasing, billing, inventory and payroll.
- Prepares short- and long-range operating budgets and forecasts; prepares income and expense projections; analyzes past income and expenditure patterns to optimally forecast capital and operating budgets and identify flexibility for future fiscal planning.
- Monitors overall budget to actual activities throughout the fiscal year and recommends changes to the budget, appropriate. Supervises the management of expenditure levels of all funds. (essential)
- Creates and implements internal financial control systems including designing worksheets, establishing financial databases, and developing custom reports to coordinate expenditure records and ensure that charges against unit are accurate, applicable, not duplicated, and not over budget.
- Oversees and manages MyTime and Payroll process.
- Supervises inventory management; maintains materials and supplies inventory, tracks purchases and usage.
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: 2-3 Indirect Reports: None
- Has full responsibility for planning, monitoring and managing department budget.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.
- 5-8 years related work experience required and 0-1 years supervisory/management experience required
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- 1-2 years of supervisory/management experience.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices and programs. Manager or Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus