Department Description: This position will work in the Office of the Chief Academic Officer for BIDMC and BILH.
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 45951BR
Job Summary: Provides complex administrative support and oversees projects in support of an executive. Independently initiates, organizes, and implements systems and procedures to efficiently manage special projects, reports and presentation preparations.
- Represents Executive to high level internal and external constituents. Answers policy questions and determines appropriate course of action for sensitive issues and matters of significance that have organization-wide visibility and potential cost or organizational repercussions. Establishes and maintains influential and strategic relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Gathers information on behalf of Executive, researches and writes memos, letters, and reports which are often complex in nature, utilizing independent judgment.
- Coordinates meetings with community leaders, government agencies, legal and consulting firms; provides them with information of a sensitive nature; must use discretion and judgment in responding to questions and determining issues on medical center access.
- Generates reports determining appropriate data inclusion and output criteria; reviews for validity and accuracy of information and data.
- Manages on-line appointment schedule, coordinates arrangements for multiple meetings, and maintains files for easy access to background material for daily schedule. Coordinates complex travel arrangements for meetings and preparation of materials for presentations.
- Identifies projects to improve operations of the business (department), develops and implements action plan.
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate's degree preferred.
- 5-8 years related work experience required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.