E Learning Developer Team Lead (Instructional Designer)
Department Description: The Human Resources Learning and myPATH Learning Management department is responsible for designing, developing, & implementing the e-learning curricula that support employee training and compliance, performance and development. This collaborative, fun team of five supports over 17,000 combined employees and affiliate staff by maintaining, designing, configuring, optimizing, and implementing Learning & Performance Management Solutions using industry leading software (Articulate 360) and instructional design principles.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 29910BR
Job Summary: The E-Learning Developer Team Lead works with the Learning and myPATH Learning Management Systems groups to create, implement and maintain e-learning courses and development programs delivered to employees throughout the BIDMC System and its' affiliates through BIDMC's Learning Management System (Cornerstone on Demand) and additional online learning sites. The e-learning Developer team lead works closely with other members of the Learning team and subject matter experts from throughout the organization on a variety of programs and materials. Responsible for mentoring more junior developers, providing training, and troubleshooting and will lead the creation of many organization-wide learning initiatives. Assist the Director of Learning with the assignment of projects/initiatives to team members, triage issues, and lead Learning Team meetings including creation of agendas. Manage the ongoing maintenance of existing materials and provide support for departments throughout the organization. Responsible for overseeing the portfolio of Human Resources related trainings and partner with team members to make timely updates, re-writes and design new trainings.
- Design and develop high-quality, engaging and effective eLearning assets, including but not limited to job aids, reference materials, and online training courses.
- Test courses prior to their release and publish courses to the LMS.
- Create storyboards and prototypes of learning assets and interactions during agile learning design process.
- Design and develop supporting instructional assets and media; e.g. audio, video, graphics, simulations, games/quizzes, animations, scenarios, etc.
- Work with internal stakeholders to assess needs, curate, organize and structure content to maximize learner engagement
- Associate's degree required. Bachelor's degree in Education Technology, Organizational Development or Human Resources preferred.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Possess expert level Articulate 360 Storyline skills and have experience with additional authoring tools (i.e Camtasia, Captivate, BrainShark or comparable) to create complex e-learning content utilizing branching, layers, triggers, animation, audio and complex variables.
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills and be able to work both independently and as part of a team in a collaborative hospital environment.
- Must have strong e-learning project management experience from inception through course roll out and be able multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Previous learning management system experience.
- Cornerstone on Demand and HTML experience.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.