Department Description: BIDMC's Division of Neurosurgery provides comprehensive, state-of-the-art care for adults with a broad range of conditions affecting the nervous system. Our neurosurgeons are key members of the BIDMC Spine Center, Cancer Center, Brain Aneurysm Institute, and the Comprehensive Epilepsy Clinic, and work collaboratively with other members of the Department of Surgery to provide patients with comprehensive, multidisciplinary, well-coordinated care.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 24842BR
Job Summary: Works collaboratively with the Administrative Director, Division Chief and faculty to manage the administrative, financial and clinical operations, financial of the division. Acts as a liaison for inpatient and outpatient clinical services, research, teaching and graduate medical education programs of the division. Manages staff and provides administrative resources for faculty, fellows and staff physicians.
- Participates in planning and implementation of divisional goals, program objectives, personnel, resources and equipment. Implements appropriate office systems, policies and procedures to assure uniform practice. Manages and ensures effective operations for the division.
- Develops and implements business plans for clinical programs. Identifies strategies, objectives, timetables, expected outcomes and measures. Coordinates marketing initiatives for the division, collaborating with various constituencies to ensure effective campaign. Monitors, evaluates and updates plans to reflect challenges and opportunities in the marketplace and BIDMC's overall direction.
- Serves as principle resource on all division financial matters. Advises on availability and use of funds includuing special purpose funds, authorizes all expenditures and assigns them to apporiate budget or fund. Ensures the submission of accurate and timely billing and analyzes revenue cycle reports.
- Prepares and analyzes reports on division activities, including volume statistics, collections and research (grant) support;. Makes informed financial forecasts and resource needs. Makes projections of short and long-term needs for staff, physical facilities, and equipment. Plans, implements and manages space, equipment, phone and other needs.
- Develops, implements and maintains systems and processes that measure results of productivity, revenue, volume, clinical outcomes, patient/staff/physician satisfaction or other work improvement indicators. Collaborates with peers, physicians, and/or services to determine best practices, desired outcomes and methods of achieving and reporting outcomes. Implements quality improvement activities.
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: More than 7 Indirect Reports: 6-10
- Has full responsibility for planning, monitoring and managing department budget.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree in Business Administration or Health Care preferred.
- 5-8 years related work experience required and 1-3 years supervisory/management experience required
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices and programs. Manager or Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
- Oral Communications: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to lead operational initiatives to meet or exceed customer service standards and expectations in assigned unit(s) and/or across multiple areas in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.