Department Description: Research Operations
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 42110BR
Job Summary: Oversees, coordinates and performs administrative functions to support a division. Interacts with hospital/division administration, leadership, staff and external contactsat all levels .
Department Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Performs writing, graphic design, website, and other communications tasks to promote programs, education-related communications and achievements of the Department among diverse internal and external audiences.
- Assists with production of two weekly internal e-newsletter for Research
- Provides coordination of CAO Initiatives and Translational Hubs activity as part of the Research Strategic plan
- Manages the Limited Submissions program under the Chief Academic Officer and Research Operations
- Processes invoices and check requisitions for travel reimbursements, honorarium, memberships and other purchases
- Plans and implements appropriate office systems and procedures to ensure a smoothand efficient flow of operations. Anticipates and resolves problems in division operations as they arise. Acts as a liaison and resource on matters related to the division and the organization.
- Interacts with all levels of personnel, including division leaders, physicians, staff, patients, visitors and vendors in matters that may be complex, sensitive and confidential. Represents Division at meetings. Trains new staff on division and hospital policies and procedures.
- Maintains meeting schedules, arranging multiple department, hospital and offsite interdisciplinary operational meetings as well as contacts with external vendors/customers. Coordinates meetings and agendas; prepares minutes as requested. Plans space, resources, equipment, phone and other needs for new staff and for division moves.
- Completes typing, reporting, mail and filing functions for the Director and division. Creates Power Point presentations as needed.
- Prepares monthly reports on operational and financial activitiesand statistics. Analyzes reports, data and volumes for trends with recommendations for priority focus.
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Solid writing skills with demonstrated knowledge of principles of good grammar and style; excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Healthcare experience.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff and external customers
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement