Department Description: HMFP-Radiology at BIDMC provides radiology services at the BIDMC main campus and multiple sites within the community. Over one hundred physicians and staff provide services to over 400,000 patients per year. The department is dedicated to its clinical, teaching and research missions, and provides a dynamic and mission-focused work environment.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 42032BR
Job Summary: Oversees, coordinates and performs administrative functions to support a division. Interacts with hospital/division administration, leadership, staff and external contactsat all levels .
Department Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Utilizing excellent communication skills is responsible for engaging referring physicians, network radiologist and community site local leadership to ensure services meet expectations.
- Working closely with the Vice Chair of radiology network services and section chiefs will engage IT departments and spearhead deployment of standard reporting. Will engage with section chiefs for standardization of follow up recommendations and implement and maintain throughout the network.
- Liaisons with Radiology CAO, Finance Director and professional billing company to ensure appropriate billing information for community sites. Investigates and responds to request for additional information on patient billing files.
- Administratively supports onboarding of new physicians.
- Administratively supports recruitment of new physicians.
- Administratively supports reimbursement and coverage invoices for community services.
- Plans and implements appropriate office systems and procedures to ensure a smoothand efficient flow of operations. Anticipates and resolves problems in division operations as they arise. Acts as a liaison and resource on matters related to the division and the organization.
- Interacts with all levels of personnel, including division leaders, physicians, staff, patients, visitors and vendors in matters that may be complex, sensitive and confidential. Represents Division at meetings. Trains new staff on division and hospital policies and procedures.
- Maintains meeting schedules, arranging multiple department, hospital and offsite interdisciplinary operational meetings as well as contacts with external vendors/customers. Coordinates meetings and agendas; prepares minutes as requested. Plans space, resources, equipment, phone and other needs for new staff and for division moves.
- Completes typing, reporting, mail and filing functions for the Director and division. Creates Power Point presentations as needed.
- Prepares monthly reports on operational and financial activitiesand statistics. Analyzes reports, data and volumes for trends with recommendations for priority focus.
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Healthcare experience.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement