Division Administrator - Office of Development
Department Description: At Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC), our goal is to provide extraordinary, patient-centered care supported by world-class education and research. The generosity of our patients, families, and friends makes it possible for us to carry out our mission.
BIDMC is seeking dynamic professionals to join its growing Development team as we are in the quiet phase of a $750M Campaign. Under the leadership of CEO Dr. Kevin Tabb and Chief Development Officer Kris Laping, BIDMC’s fundraising has doubled within the past five years. As one of the nation's preeminent academic medical centers we are committed to excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and education and have recruited world-class leaders, researchers and physicians who are working with Development to raise philanthropy to new levels.
We seek creative, entrepreneurial, and innovative staff within the office of Development to help us attain our goals. Please see more at https://www.bidmc.org/give
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 27798BR
Job Summary: Oversees, coordinates and performs administrative functions to support a division. Interacts with hospital administration, leadership, staff and external contactsat all levels .
- Plans and implements appropriate office systems and procedures to ensure a smoothand efficient flow of operations. Anticipates and resolves problems in division operations as they arise. Acts as a liaison and resource on matters related to the division and the organization.
- Interacts with all levels of personnel, including division leaders, physicians, staff, patients, visitors and vendors in matters that may be complex, sensitive and confidential. Represents Division at meetings. Trains new staff on division and hospital policies and procedures.
- Prepares monthly reports on operational and financial activitiesand statistics. Analyzes reports, data and volumes for trends with recommendations for priority focus.
- Maintains meeting schedules, arranging multiple department, hospital and offsite interdisciplinary operational meetings as well as contacts with external vendors/customers. Coordinates meetings and agendas; prepares minutes as requested. Plans space, resources, equipment, phone and other needs for new staff and for division moves.
- Completes typing, reporting, mail and filing functions for the Director and division. Creates Power Point presentations as needed.
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Healthcare experience.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally