Department Description: The Department Administrative position will support two directors in the Department of Ob/Gyn. Primary responsibilities will include supporting physician scheduling and on call system, extract data and run reports, accounts payable, track competencies, assist with international programs, track contracts, prepare department newsletter, and provide back-up phone coverage for Ob/Gyn administration.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 26273BR
Job Summary: As a senior level administrative professional, implements, oversees and coordinates the administrative functions that support a department and it's functional areas that report to a Vice President, Chief Administrative Officer or Director. Interacts with hospital administration, leadership and staff of other departments and internal / external contacts at all levels.
- Plans, coordinates and administers activities for the department including developing and implementing related procedures, processes, communications, services and systems to ensure the smooth flow of administrative operations. Acts as a liaison and principle resource on matters related to the department. Trains and educates new staff on department and organizational procedures.
- Serves as resource for the department regarding medical center and departmental policies and procedures. Interacts with internal and external personnel, including senior management, physicians, visitors, patients and vendors in matters that may be complex, sensitive and confidential. Independently researches and follows through on a variety of information requests.
- Monitors the department budget projections to actual expenditures. Projects expenditures, prepares regular and ad hoc reports on operational and financial activities for senior management. Analyzes volumes and trends. Coordinates bill payment with accounts payable to ensure timely and accurate payments. Works with accounting and finance to ensure that charges are accurate.
- Manages the flow of legal documents, contracts, bills, requiring understanding of both content and procedures related to them. Transcribes and prepares routine and high-level, confidential correspondence and reports for senior management. Creates Power-Point presentations; develops and maintains spreadsheets and charts for summarizing, tracking and reporting data from various sources.
- Represents the department at meetings and serves on committees as assigned. Functions as a work-team leader with administrative staff in the department to ensure that needs are met in a timely manner. Leads and participates in interdisciplinary teams for special projects and events. Handles a wide variety of administrative activities at the discretion of the department leadership.
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5-8 years related work experience required.
- Five years administrative experience with progressive responsibility.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Experience in hospital and/or academic administration.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.