Department Description: This position is located at 1135 Tremont Street.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 30365BR
Job Summary: This is a senior position responsible for the implementation and support of production, development, fail-over, and disaster recovery environments for enterprise-level database environments
Department Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Make IMS PSB changes and PSB/ACB Gens, including DBCTL requirements for online PSBs; make IMS DBD chances and Gens, including DBCTL requirements for databases allocated to CICS regions.
- Diagnose and/or resolve issues with IMS Change Accumulation processing; find and resolve issues with DBRC or IRLM Locks using IMS Utility Jobs, including free-standing backouts
- Programs and test software for a variety of Patient Billing systems and follows a structure implementation process to apply these enhancements.
- When not performing IMS tasks, perform programmer analyst duties as it relates to Patient Financial Services including: perform analysis and develop solutions; responsible for all phases of development life cycle from problem definition to implementation with heavy emphasis on analysis, programming, testing and implementation.
- Collaborates with management and personnel from server, storage, and application support teams, as well as other groups within Information System and the medical center.
- Design, set up, document and monitor database backup procedures
- Participate in Disaster Recovery planning and testing
- Participate in application and database planning and implementation in conjunction with the applications team, departments, vendors, and the project team
- Works with technical staff to implement database software new releases and upgrades as well as managing the physical structure of the database subsystem
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5-8 years related work experience required.
- Strong skills in database high availability, backup and recovery techniques
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.