Department Description: The Quality and Safety Department for Patient Care Services is responsible for the oversight of quality metrics for the inpatient areas. These metrics include fall rates, falls with injury rates, pressure injuries, medication events, unexpected deaths and others. Quality Improvement projects are frequently led by members of this department. These project are often related to improving quality metrics, responding to a regulatory visit or improving staff workflow. This department is also responsible for the infrastructure which maintains a state of readiness for regulatory visits and response to any regulatory findings.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 29469BR
Job Summary: Leverages software applications to design solutions, perform detailed data mapping and analysis, and produce business, research or clinical intelligence.
- Maintains integrity & quality of data & assures data conformity meets operational requirements and goals. Assists in planning, establishing & monitoring criteria for data collection. Trains department staff on data acquisition methods. Acts as central resource for data collection. Extracts data from multiple sources. Audits and resolves all issues. Acts as integral member of data collection teams
- Designs and develops reporting and analysis tools. Interprets data and refines analysis. Prepares and presents comprehensive reports. Develops forms, tables and other data tools in the applications that capture, report and consolidate data. Provides application data collection, analytics and reporting expertise. Complete analytics in a timely and efficient manner.
- Collaborates with IS to obtain and maintain applications used for data collection and reporting. Recommends tools, upgrades and alternatives. Assists in the development of application security and back-up plans. Coordinates interface solution with multiple applications.
- Ensures application access is in compliance with all regulatory and medical center practices. Acts as gatekeeper for application. Sets and define all user access and determine level of access. Reports all security risks to the application.
- Bachelor's degree required in Computer Science, Allied Health or other related.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Application Certification, for one of the applications used in the department.
- 1 -3 years of multiple application maintenance with relational databases
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Written Communications:Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications:Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge:Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work:Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service:Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.