Customer Services Representative - Food Service/Sign on Bonus Eligible
Department Description: This position is eligible for a $250.00 sign on bonus.
• Sign on bonuses are paid out in two payments. You will receive your first payment (half of the total amount) within the first 30 days of employment and is subject to applicable taxes. You will receive the second payment (remaining balance) at six (6) months following your start date and is subject to applicable taxes.
• Full time status at BIDMC is considered for schedules greater than or equal to 30 hours per week; part time status is 20 to 29 hours per week. Please note, per diem employees are not eligible for sign on bonuses.
• Current and Former BILH candidates - restrictions apply. BIDMC Internal employees or employees within the BILH system are not eligible for the bonus or if you have been employed by a BILH entity within the last 12 months.
• Please note, sign on bonuses are subject to change based on the organization’s hiring needs and will be determined by Talent Acquisition on an ongoing basis. BILH/BIDMC Talent Acquisition reserves the right to change sign on bonus eligible jobs and amounts at any time.
The Food Services Department is a dynamic place to work where our top priority is serving high quality, delicious food with caring service. We take pride in feeding our patients, visitors and hospital staff members every day while exhibiting our CARES culture of Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Enthusiasm and Service. We strive to reach high levels of satisfaction and measure this through Press Ganey and retail satisfaction surveys. The department works to continuously improve in all areas of our operation and our frontline team members regularly provide solutions to help us succeed. Ensuring food safety and a safe work environment are a central focus for our team and everyone plays a role in achieving positive results.
The position hours within the department vary but operations begin at 5:30 am and end at 9:00 pm 365 days per year. Weekends and holidays are rotated between all staff and everyone is an essential employee expected to arrive for their shifts during emergency essential situations including inclement weather.
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 41432BR
Job Summary: Assures a high-level of patient satisfaction with regard to customer service, quality of food, accuracy of menu, timeliness of tray delivery and pick up, among other services by the department. Performs clerical and computer duties in order to provide high-quality meal service to assigned patients.
- Answers and processes telephone calls in a polite and courteous manner when dealing with all customers of the Call Center. Explains diet and assists patient with appropriate selections. When needed, assists patients in their rooms with completion of their menus. Encouraging selections from the menu to ensure nutritionally balanced meals.
- Corrects patients' menus as needed to reflect changes in diet status. In event of manually taking diet orders, checks 24hr report sheet to assess changes in patient status which may affect accurate delivery of the meal (i.e. new admissions, discharges, transfers, etc). Communicates any special needs of patients or nursing to Food Service Manager, Dietitian or clinical nutrition department.
- Delivers patients' meals directly to the patients, or other Room Service Associates on the nursing units. Prepares the patients bedside table for meal delivery Responds to questions from patients and /or family members regarding meals and/or menu selection process.
- Prepares floor stock sheets according to established par levels. Gathers, delivers and puts away floor supplies in the nursing units kitchen. Being sure to rotate stock and discard outdated perishables. Keeps nursing kitchens and kitchen equipment clean and organized fill out HACCP sheets.
- Mixes tube/special feedings according to item specific directions. Portions and labels tube/special feedings/supplements accurately. Maintains the clean and sanitary condition of the formulary room and equipment. Inventories supplements and formulary supplies in the store room prepares order list as necessary.
- Some High School required. Vocational or Technical training in Nutrition preferred.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Knowledge of basic therapeutic diets and experience in hospital food service operations.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
- Oral Communications: Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.