CT Tech III
Department Description: Sign-On Bonus Eligible!
CT Tech III will work in the 3D lab on weekends and in the department weekdays or holidays. Proficiency in 3D imaging imperative.
$7,500 (Full Time) Sign on Bonus Eligible! (Current BILH candidates- restrictions apply).
• Sign on bonuses are paid out in two payments. You will receive your first payment (half of the total amount) within the first 30 days of employment and is subject to applicable taxes. You will receive the second payment (remaining balance) at six (6) months following your start date and is subject to applicable taxes.
• Full time status at BIDMC is considered for schedules greater than or equal to 30 hours per week; part time status is 20 to 29 hours per week. Please note, per diem employees are not eligible for sign on bonuses.
• Current and Former BILH candidates - restrictions apply. BIDMC Internal employees or employees within the BILH system are not eligible for the bonus or if you have been employed by a BILH entity within the last 12 months.
• Please note, sign on bonuses are subject to change based on the organization’s hiring needs and will be determined by Talent Acquisition on an ongoing basis. BILH/BIDMC Talent Acquisition reserves the right to change sign on bonus eligible jobs and amounts at any time.
As a CT Tech for BIDMC Radiology, you will play an integral role in supporting our world-class teaching hospital and Level I Trauma Center. Our department of 600+ employees is guided by a common mission—Together Taking Care of People—to compassionately serve our patients, their loved ones, and each other.
As part of this opportunity, you will collaborate across role groups, including with our Harvard-appointed physicians, who perform more than 450,000 imaging exams and procedures annually. We offer exciting and challenging cases, strong benefits and incentives, and a healthy work-life balance.
U.S. News and World Report recently ranked our affiliate Harvard University the #1 radiology school in the world and, as the Official Hospital of the Boston Red Sox, BIDMC offers discounted tickets to employees (subject to availability).
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 46661BR
Job Summary: Under the direction of the CT Technical Director and CT Manager this position supports Advanced Imaging in the 3D lab as a shared function of the responsibilities as a CT scanning Technologist on the floor. The time allocated to either advanced imaging or direct CT scanning will be determined on a daily basis by the leadership team.
- Follows departmental guidelines and protocols in the performance of all CT imaging. Monitors scan performance to ensure accuracy and completeness of image data. Makes adjustments when judged to be necessary, taking into account the patient's condition. May recommend changes in protocol or additional instructions to provide additional diagnostic information.
- Starts intravenous lines on patients requiring IV contrast for the examination with consideration to exam protocoled and patient's pain tolerance, anxieties and fears. Documents and monitors patient for contrast reactions and reports any problems to a radiologist and/or code team as indicated. Practices sterile techniques and prevents cross contamination.
- Maintains accurate and up to date knowledge of CT Advance 3D Imaging protocols. Reports discrepancies to appropriate Manager. Performs high quality CT reconstructions as required by protocol, or as requested by a radiologist and/or referring physician (i.e. MIPS, volume rendering, 3D models, colonoscopy and navigator models).
- Checks images for quality control (e.g., window levels/widths and complete series of images). Maintains CT image data. Edits computer entries for correctness of description, charges for billing, and reason for exam HIS, RIS and PACS.
- Monitors patients' support systems, e.g., IVs oxygen, suction sets. Calls for assistance when a problem is recognized. Able to perform simple maintenance functions, e.g., changing 02 portable tanks, hanging a new bag of fluids.
- Associate's degree in Radiologic Technology required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- License MA Rad Tech-Compted Tomography required., and Registration American Registry of Rad Tech required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- New hires will have 30 days to provide BLS certification. Certification has to be with the American Heart Association (AHA).
- IV certification.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Very Heavy work: Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force continually. Employee is physically active in all elements of the job.
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.