CT Tech III - Bonus Eligible
Department Description: Schedule: Full Time: 40/hours - Day Shift - Tue-Fri 730a-6p
$5,000 Sign on Bonus Eligible! (Current BILH candidates- restrictions apply). Bonuses are paid out within 30 days of employment and are subject to applicable taxes.
Multi-Site CT Department operating GE, Toshiba and Siemens CT scanners as well as several portable CT scanners. Med Rad Dual head injectors, iSTAT point of care, Liko Overhead patient lift systems, dedicated 3D lab and a host of protocols from general oncology, DECT, Cardiac, Virtual Colon, Perfusion and interventional procedures.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 35771BR
Job Summary: Under the direction of the CT Technical Director and CT Manager this position supports Advanced Imaging in the 3D lab as a shared function of the responsibilities as a CT scanning Technologist on the floor. The time allocated to either advanced imaging or direct CT scanning will be determined on a daily basis by the leadership team.
- Follows departmental guidelines and protocols in the performance of all CT imaging. Monitors scan performance to ensure accuracy and completeness of image data. Makes adjustments when judged to be necessary, taking into account the patient's condition. May recommend changes in protocol or additional instructions to provide additional diagnostic information.
- Starts intravenous lines on patients requiring IV contrast for the examination with consideration to exam protocoled and patient's pain tolerance, anxieties and fears. Documents and monitors patient for contrast reactions and reports any problems to a radiologist and/or code team as indicated. Practices sterile techniques and prevents cross contamination.
- Maintains accurate and up to date knowledge of CT Advance 3D Imaging protocols. Reports discrepancies to appropriate Manager. Performs high quality CT reconstructions as required by protocol, or as requested by a radiologist and/or referring physician (i.e. MIPS, volume rendering, 3D models, colonoscopy and navigator models).
- Checks images for quality control (e.g., window levels/widths and complete series of images). Maintains CT image data. Edits computer entries for correctness of description, charges for billing, and reason for exam HIS, RIS and PACS.
- Monitors patients' support systems, e.g., IVs oxygen, suction sets. Calls for assistance when a problem is recognized. Able to perform simple maintenance functions, e.g., changing 02 portable tanks, hanging a new bag of fluids.
- Associate's degree in Radiologic Technology required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- License MA Rad Tech-Compted Tomography required., and Registration American Registry of Rad Tech required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- New hires will have 30 days to provide BLS certification. Certification has to be with the American Heart Association (AHA).
- IV certification.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Very Heavy work: Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force continually. Employee is physically active in all elements of the job.