CT Tech II
Department Description: 7pm-7am Wk1: Mon, Wed, Sat, Wk2: Sun, Wed, Fri
$15,000 (Full Time) Sign on Bonus Eligible! (Current BILH candidates- restrictions apply).
• Sign on bonuses are paid out in two payments. You will receive your first payment (half of the total amount) within the first 30 days of employment and is subject to applicable taxes. You will receive the second payment (remaining balance) at six (6) months following your start date and is subject to applicable taxes.
• Full time status at BIDMC is considered for schedules greater than or equal to 30 hours per week; part time status is 20 to 29 hours per week. Please note, per diem employees are not eligible for sign on bonuses.
• Current and Former BILH candidates - restrictions apply. BIDMC Internal employees or employees within the BILH system are not eligible for the bonus or if you have been employed by a BILH entity within the last 12 months.
• Please note, sign on bonuses are subject to change based on the organization’s hiring needs and will be determined by Talent Acquisition on an ongoing basis. BILH/BIDMC Talent Acquisition reserves the right to change sign on bonus eligible jobs and amounts at any time.
(3) 12hr shifts with weekend and holiday obligations; shifts available will be discussed upon interview.
As a CT Tech for BIDMC Radiology, you will play an integral role in supporting our world-class teaching hospital and Level I Trauma Center. Our department of 600+ employees is guided by a common mission—Together Taking Care of People—to compassionately serve our patients, their loved ones, and each other.
As part of this opportunity, you will collaborate across role groups, including with our Harvard-appointed physicians, who perform more than 450,000 imaging exams and procedures annually. We offer exciting and challenging cases, strong benefits and incentives, and a healthy work-life balance.
U.S. News and World Report recently ranked our affiliate Harvard University the #1 radiology school in the world and, as the Official Hospital of the Boston Red Sox, BIDMC offers discounted tickets to employees (subject to availability).
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 46108BR
Job Summary: The CT Tech II is under supervision of the Senior CT Management Team, performs specific and specialized duties pertaining to the CT scanner, which require use of independent judgment, initiative, and specialized knowledge of computerized axial tomography systems.
- Prepares and positions patients for CT of various parts of the body and includes setting up equipment and patient in relation to each other to provide best demonstration of body part under study. Enters instructions into terminal for scan procedures. Monitors scan performance to ensure accuracy and completeness of data output. Makes necessary adjustments when judged to be necessary.
- Evaluates results of scanning procedure for quality of results and completeness, and manipulates control to display image to physician. Using terminal, can select several image display options. Provides research support to radiologists, performing research studies. Performs Quality Assurance tests on equipment.
- Responds to patient's physical and psychological needs. Explains all procedures in a clear and concise manner without causing unnecessary anxiety. Uses Proper Hand Hygiene before and after patient contact. Observes patient's condition and reports any change to nurse or physician.
- Maintains accurate and complete records relative to procedure performed. Maintains statistics relative to CT scanning as required by D.P.H. and make appropriate entries into computer. Ensures exam is networked to appropriate locations (PACS, AW or Vitrea workstations). Verifies exam was successfully sent to networked location.
- Maintains Daily Room Check list, Code Cart Compliance checks and monthly inventory checks for expired products. Reports all incidents affecting Patient Care in the CCC on line incident reporting system. Edits computer entries for correctness of description, charges for billing, usage of contrast and reactions, and enters correct time in and time out of the patient scan time.
- Associate's degree in Radiologic Technology required.
- License MA Rad Tech-Compted Tomography required., or Registration Rdgrphy Nuc_Med Cmputd_Tmgrphy required., and Certificate 1 American Registry of Rad Tech required., and Certificate 2 Basic Life Support required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- New hires will have 30 days to provide BLS certification. Certification has to be with the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Very Heavy work: Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force continually. Employee is physically active in all elements of the job.
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.